Reynolds of Rushock is registered with the Information Commissioners Office under registration Z5120475 and aims to protect your information as required by legislation.
Information we may collect about you
- We collect and use information about you in order to provide vehicle repair services. We may collect information on paper or online forms, by telephone, email or a member of our staff may collect information from you in person.
- The information we hold will consist of your name, address, telephone, email, vehicle make, model and registration number. In cases where you receive a courtesy car from us, we may verify your details with the DVLA, by using your driving licence number and national insurance number. We may retain your driving licence details and your date of birth for insurance purposes.
- Information about you may be collected on our behalf or passed to us by one of our partners or insurers.
- We will use the information you provide in accordance with current regulations, including the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulations.
- Information will be accurate, where necessary kept up to date and will be kept for no longer than necessary, in line with our retention policy.
We need to collect and use information about you to:
- Confirm your identity to provide our services
- Contact you by post, email or telephone
- Understand your needs to provide the services that you ask for or need
- Understand what we can do for you and inform you of other relevant services we offer
- Ask your opinion about our services
- Update your customer record
We will use the information you provide to:
- Analyse statistical data so we can plan how we provide services; and
- We may need to pass your information to other people and organisations that provide a service on our behalf, for example parts suppliers and manufacturers. These providers are obliged to keep your details securely and use them only to provide the service to you in accordance with our instructions.
Your rights under the GDPR
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us using the details below.
We may share information with other people and organisations where we are required by law to do so or with appropriate justification under the above regulations.
How long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- As long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- As long as we provide goods and/or services to you
- For retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
Unless encrypted, email messages sent via the internet may not be secure and could be intercepted and read by someone else. Please bear this in mind when deciding whether to include personal or sensitive information in any email messages you intend to send to us. If you email us we may keep a record of the information you provide which will be kept for no longer than necessary, in line with our retention policy.
Using our website
The Reynolds of Rushock website does not store or capture personal information about you unless you decide to provide it to contact us and leave your details for us to respond.
How we protect your information
We take our legal obligations very seriously. The information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to make sure it can’t be seen, accessed or disclosed to anyone who shouldn’t see it. We provide training to staff who handle personal information.
You have the right to ask for access to any information about you that we hold. Please contact Gary Stokes at Reynolds of Rushock Limited, Unit 331, Rushock Trading Estate, Droitwich WR9 0NR. Telephone 01299 250800
Body shop manager (DPO)
13th April 2018.
Version 1. Review April 2019 – Paul Reynolds and Gary Stokes.